TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
Please read carefully to ensure that this activity is suitable for yourgroup (we do not permit solo hires)
The group leader must complete a Marina Watersports Hire Equipment Form. Each member of the group must be named and ages given. Before venturing out onto the water each adult will be required to sign a Medical Consent, Safety & Risk Decleration Form and confirm your agreement of our Terms and Conditions (which are outlined below). Copies of these forms will be retained for our records.
Please arrive fifteen minutes before the hire time you have booked in order to complete the paperwork.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. The minimum age is 5 years old and if there is more than 1 child under the age of 9 there must be at least two adults.
- Maximum paddler weight is 18 stone (following guidelines of buoyancy aids and equipment manufacturers)
- Both children and adults must wear a correctly fitted buoyancy aid (these will be provided)
- Solo kayakers/paddle boarders are not allowed.
- All our equipment is routinely checked on a daily basis before release to the user.
- We will check the day’s weather forecast and plan a safe tidal window.
- Before a group can access the water, we will brief you on safety and advise where youare permitted to paddle, time on and expected time off the water.
- Each group will be subject to a competency assessment unless proof of competency is presented, for example a BCU qualification. This is at our discretion.
- You will be checked for appropriate clothing for the activity. A change of clothes is recommended as you will get wet. A shorty wetsuit is most suitable. In sunny conditions,sunglasses, sun protection and a hat are recommended. We suggest water shoes or old trainers that you don’t mind getting wet.
- We recommend you do not take valuables on the water and you do so at your own risk. We do however require at least one member of the party to carry a mobile phone, which must be carried in the waterproof case provided.
- You will be instructed in the safe carrying of the Kayak.
- The leader of your group will need to provide a security deposit click for details